December 4, 2015 at 12:21 pm #269
下个星期一有All-day Work Sessions, interested parents can consider to join (Monday, December 7, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Room 1600, Falls Church, VA)
1) 9:30 a.m.1.01 Public Engagement Ryan McElveen, Committee Chairman
2) 11:00 a.m.FY 2017-2021 Capital Improvement Program Preliminary Summary
3) 1:30 p.m. Compensation Study Phase 13.
4) 3:00 p.m. 2016 Mid-Year Budget Review
5) 4:00 p.m. Auditor General Report
6) 5:00 p.m. Governance
7) Closed Meeting
2016 Budget Mid Year Review Key Points:
1) In the School Operating Fund, funds available are decreasing by $0.3 million. The FY 2016 beginning balance is increasing by $2.5 million due to final year-end adjustments made after the FY 2015 Final Budget Review. The adjustments include an increase of $0.9 million in sales tax revenue based on actual receipts; a $0.2 million increase in other revenue; and expenditure decreases totaling $1.4 million. In addition to the beginning balance adjustment, other FY 2016 revenue adjustments include a decrease in state aid of $4.0 million based on updated enrollment numbers resulting in lower projected average daily membership (ADM); an increase of $1.1 million for City of Fairfax tuition due to an increase in the City’s ADM for FY 2015; and a net increase of $0.1 million in grant revenue.
2) Recommended FY 2016 expenditure adjustments reflect a net decrease of $0.3 million resulting primarily from savings in instructional materials and supplies based on lower than projected enrollment growth this year, offset by a net increase in grant expenditures.
3) Changes to other School Board funds are detailed in the attachment. Also attached is an update on the status on grants for FY 2015 and FY 2016.
4) Recommendation: That the School Board approve revenue and expenditure changes reflected in the FY 2016 Midyear Budget Review as detailed in the agenda item.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.