Content provided by a Fairfax County community volunteer
Honors classes, magnet schools under attack by Democrats who say there are too many Asians, whites in them.
The Asian American community in Fairfax County is closely watching and involved in the November 5th school board election.
Democratic school board members say they want to:
- “Reform” Thomas Jefferson magnet school because of too many Asian and white students.
- Bus high-achieving students away their schools (which they call “islands of excellence”) and move them to poor-performing schools in order to provide “equity”.
- Said it is not their job to care about the fact that home values in high-performing school districts will plummet because of this “reboundarying”.
- Want to eliminate honors classes (calling them “segregated schools-within-schools”) or install quotas decreasing the percentage of Asians and whites in honors classes.
- Want to distribute top grades equally among the races, regardless of actual performance.
- Made the unprecedented move of withdrawing their endorsement of Ilryong Moon, the Fairfax school board’s only Asian member, forcing him to leave the board.
- They have adopted an “equity” initiative called “One Fairfax” that is similar to one that, in Seattle, led to teaching math is racist.
- Install an 80-hour sex education (i.e., family life education), introducing and instilling many inappropriate or highly debatable contents to unknowing students.
Please watch these videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzaNTM8sTaX75drMtVbgWA) showing the Democratic school board, in its own words, fighting for racial schemes that harm Asians, and considering scrapping honors classes (Advanced Academic Placement or AAP).
On October 27, almost all Republican school board candidates met with American Chinese School parents in Herndon to explain that Republicans oppose racial quotes and the weakening of academic rigor, and that they will fight for the opportunity for hard-working students to excel to the maximum of their abilities and be rewarded.
Luke Rosiak, a reporter with the Daily Caller News Foundation, discussed an article (https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/08/liberal-network-racial-equity-policies/) about how Democratic activists are seeking to implement race-based busing which would harm Asians and others at top-performing schools.
Cathy Ruse from the Family Research Council gave a special report on the current FLE that is harmful to the students. For example, FLE uses anal sex ten times in the materials to 10th graders, while faith based sex abstinence is ignored or omitted.
Please vote for these school board candidates at the November 5th Election Day in Fairfax County, Virginia:
Voters vote for 4 candidates: 3 county-wide, at-large members, plus one representing your district.
Vinson Xavier Palathingal, whose platform is ‘restore academic rigor’
Braddock: Zia Tompkins
Dranesville: Anastasia Karloutsos
Hunter Mill: Laura Ramirez Drain
Mount Vernon: Steven Mosley
Providence: Andi Bayer
Springfield: Elizabeth Schultz
Sully: Tom Wilson