Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA), the firm hired by the FCPS School Board to conduct a search for a new superintendent to replace Karen K. Garza, will be holding ten community forums in January to allow Fairfax County residents to share their ideas and feedback on the characteristics they are seeking in a new superintendent.
The complete schedule of meetings is as follows:
· Monday, January 9, 1 p.m., Gatehouse Administration Center, room 1600, 8115 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church, VA 22042.
· Monday, January 9, 7 p.m., South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Road, Lorton, VA 22079.
· Tuesday, January 10, 12:30 p.m., Virginia Hills Center Library, 6520 Diana Lane, Alexandria, VA 22310.
· Wednesday, January 11, noon, Providence District Office and Community Center, multipurpose room 2, 3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031.
· Wednesday, January 11, 7 p.m., Mount Vernon High School Little Theater, 8515 Old Mount Vernon Road, Alexandria, VA 22309.
· Tuesday, January 17, 11 a.m., Herndon Council Chambers, 765 Lynn Street, Herndon, VA 20170.
· Tuesday, January 17, 1 p.m., Burke Centre Library, 5935 Freds Oak Road, Burke, VA 22015.
· Tuesday, January 17, 7 p.m., Stuart High School Little Theater, 3301 Peace Valley Lane, Falls Church, VA 22044.
· Tuesday, January 17, 7 p.m., Chantilly High School Lecture Hall, 4201 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly, VA 20151.
· Wednesday, January 18, 7 p.m., Langley High School Auditorium, 6520 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22101.
An online survey will be posted on www.fcps.edu on January 9, which will allow community members to submit their opinions electronically. Additional information on the superintendent search will be posted online as it becomes available.