The recent Haycock Hello newsletter compiled a nice action list dealing with FCPS 2016 budget problems:
FCPS is facing substantial budget cuts in 2016 which will likely impact programing to our students. In an effort to provide information on the issues at hand and on how to express your views, see below. I am very concerned that we are losing teachers to our surrounding jurisdictions because our salaries are now among the lowest in this area.
· Watch the 5-minute video about the FCPS budget process: http://bit.ly/FCPSbudgetvideo
· Read the Budget Task Force Report: http://bit.ly/BudgetTaskForceRecs
· Learn about the Fairfax County Budget process and how FCPS fits in the overall allocation of funds. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dmb/·
· The General Assembly is scheduled to act on a state budget before either the Board of Supervisors or the School Board make any final decisions about our respective budgets.
· Watch The 5-minute video of the Fairfax County budget process: https://youtu.be/HZazPGFpZ2g
· Sign the parent-created petition to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors directing them to fully fund FCPS. http://bit.ly/FCPSpetition
· Submit letters to VA General Assembly representatives and Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Members. http://cqrcengage.com/IamFCPS/
· Attend and comment at the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Meetings. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/government/board/meetings/
Sign up to speak at Supervisors Meetings
· Contact your school board member
· Contact your supervisor
· Contact your state delegate and state senator